Wednesday, November 25, 2009

And the winner is....

For the past couple of weeks, I've been having a debate in my head. Delta vs Tadpole...Delta vs Tadpole. Each approach has it's advantages and problems. There are lots of examples of both. So, almost on a whim, I just ordered the Trident since I figured I needed to do SOMETHING.

Before I finally pushed "buy" I at least compared the specifications listed with parts I could find on the web. I've concluded that as long as the frame is OK, then the overall bike should be able to be maintained over the years even if I can't order parts direct through Actionbent. If the reality lives up to the specs (and with a good ebay rating, I think this is reasonably likely) then this should be a good bike.

Here's the specs as I saw them on Ebay.

Specifications:
Frame : Cr-Moly
Seat : Cr-Moly frame with mesh cloth
Handlebar : cr-moly Direct Steering, Ackerman-Compensated
Shifter : Sram Centera grip shifter
Lever : alloy with brake lock
F/derailleur : Shimano Sora 3 sp
R/derailleur : Shimano Acera 8 sp

Crank : 52/42/30T alloy w/protective chain cover for safe in-car transport
Freewheel : Sram PG -850 11-32
Chain : KMC Z72
Rim : Alex DA16 double wall.
Spoke : 14# stainless
Tire : Kenda KWEST 100PSI 2 x 20" in front , 1 x 26" in rear
Pedal : HTI alloy one side clip with top clip
Brake : ProMax Disc brakes
H/t parts : First BI

B.B. : BB-7420AL
Wheelbase: 41" -- Outermost width 32"
Overall Len: 75" (variable due to telescoping boom)
Seat Height: 9" ground to base
B/B Height: 15"
Load Rating: 120kg or 265 pounds
Weight: 38 pounds
Folded size: L x W x H --43" x 28" x 20.5"
Specifications can change SLIGHTLY, we will work with you to resolve any issues.